The Friendly Flag of Quality
Vessel & Yacht Registration Service
RECORDING OF VESSEL MORTGAGE
24 Hour Registration and Technical Services
Register Your Ship Today!
BELIZE YACHT REGISTRATION
The International Merchant Marine Registry of Belize, Commonly known by its abbreviation of IMMARBE, is an office that falls under the authority of the Ministry of Finance in Belize. The Registry operates through a network of Designated offices.
In 1997, IMMARBE moved forward by appointing a Designated Office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands that is managed by the deputy Registrar Erik A. de Koning of Hubel Marine B.V. The office is completely empowered to process all applications for temporary and permanent registration of a vessel and including the registration of maritime Liens, issuance of seafarer endorsements, obtaining transcript of registry amongst many other IMMARBE related vessel documentation.
With the Registration of Merchant Ship Act of 1989 which was amended in 1996 and 2010, the principle instrument overseeing the activities in respect to enlisting of ships in the merchant fleet. Belize is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations ,has a stable Political Stability, and IMMARBE became a member state of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in 1990. Belize has been included on the IMO White List based on full and complete compliance with the STCW 95. The audit of Belize under the Voluntary IMO Member State Audit Scheme (VIMSAS) was undertaken in 2013. The Registry has attained ISO 9001:2008 Certification because the ISO standards constitute an important component to the operations of registry
FISHING The Belize High Seas Fisheries Unit (BHSFU) within the Ministry of Finance was established on 12th November 2013 pursuant to the High Seas Fishing Act 2013. It is the primary authority responsible for the regulation and control of Belize flagged vessels which engage in fishing or related activities on the high seas pursuant to the High Seas Fishing Act, 2013 and is headed by a Director of High Seas Fisheries who is appointed by the Registrar of Merchant Shipping.
The IMMARBE Designated office in Rotterdam and its staff were nominated in 2019 by the IMMARBE Head office with the highest contribution in ship registration for the period 2013-2018 and ranked as No 1 amongst all IMMARBE designated office’s.
IMMARBE has an age policy dependent on type and area of operation and vessels should be under 25 years of age at time of registration to obtain fast approval for registration. Vessels exceeding the age limit may be accepted upon a satisfactory evaluation of its previous detention record, class society, ship manager, and in some cases, be subject to a General Safety Inspection to determine seaworthiness and management of the vessel.
Through thorough inspections of its fleet, IMMARBE has enhanced its Port State Control performance of 1,060 inspections in 2018 and adjusted the minimum age to 19 years. 60 % of the Belize fleet carries out trade in Asia, 30% in Europe and 10% are vessels from different parts of the world. In order to safeguard the integrity and reputation of the Belize Ship Registry with an aim to accomplish a future goal as becoming a White Listed Registry, the Technical department of Belize Ship Registry developed an Occasional Survey Program for vessels operating in the area of Paris MOU and Tokyo MOU.
There is no restriction in ownership as all foreign owned companies or individuals may register vessels under the Belize Flag.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VESSEL REGISTRATION
- Application for Registration of a Vessel.
- Details on the form provide the Belize Ship Registry information for the assignment of a Registration number and call letters as well as details on the ownership and appointed radio accounting entity, recognized survey company.
- A duly notarized Bill of Sale, or a duly notarized Builder’s Certificate, if vessel is a new building;
- An original deletion certificate or a certified copy of the extract of registry from the previous Flag Administration.
- A duly notarized Power of Attorney (we will provide you)
- Copy of a Tonnage certificate and Class Certificate issued by an authorized survey company
- Application for Minimum Safe Manning Certificate
- ISM Code Declaration of Company, Designated Person and Company Security Officer and CSR File (Only applicable for vessels above 500 GRT)
- Proof of Liability Insurance, including oil pollution, Bunker Pollution and Nairobi wreck removal insurance as applicable
- Proof that vessel is free of recorded liens and encumbrances
- Application for Ship Station License
Other types of Registration include:
- Bareboat Charter Registration (Charter-in, Charter-out)
- Special Registrations for vessels destined for scrap, or delivery voyage
- Vessels under Construction
- Yacht Registration
- Fishing Vessels
A vessel registered with the Belize Ship Registry may be mortgaged at any time during its registration by submitting the applicable Mortgage Forms.
- Form Mortgage of a Vessel ( Appendix 3)
- Form Discharge of Mortgage of a Vessel ( Appendix 4)
- Form Transfer of Mortgage & Transmission of a Vessel ( Appendix 5)
- Form Amendment of Mortgage of a Vessel ( Appendix 6)
As a pre-requisite the ownership title in favor of the registered Ship Owner must first be recorded on the Belize Register.
How to register you vessel in the Belize Ship Registry?
The experts of the Registration Department from the Designated office in Rotterdam will guide you through the complete process.
Contact us with the information as the vessel IMO number, trading area and Class Status.
A free tailor made quotation from IMMARBE is waiting for you.
Ranked as No 1 amongst all IMMARBE designated office’s.
Register Your Ship Today!
WHAT THEY SAY...
What are our clients are saying about us?
We needed to register our ship fast and Belize Ship Registration did this within 24 hours. Thumbs up for these guys!
I did not know that there are no restrictions on nationality, type, class or size of the vessel. Belize ship registration informed us about this and gave us more interesting tips that i did not know. What saved me a lot of money.
It's about the personal relationship and the patience i particularly appreciate that